Tuesday 15 May 2012

Friday 11th May 2012
I arrived at the estate about mid day. Back in burnt oak swim. I topped up the baited areas and sat and watched the water. There were fish over two of the baited areas but on top just cruising. As i watched more and more fish appeared in front of me on top. Got a bit of bread out on a hook and line. They just were'nt having it but i kept at it for a while. Anyway got rods out with my rig on and crustation 14mm boilie on two and 14mm G-Nut on the other.



Had dinner, chilled out with a beer and my book. About 9.30pm my left hand rod was off and as i lifted into the fish i knew it was decent. It felt heavy straight away. It kited off to the right and i steered it to my direction. Eventually it came in. Under the rod tip it kicked off but persuaded into the net.

Not the prettiest of mirrors, had a nasty scar on its under belly but still a decent fish. At 24lb 8oz i was a happy man. The fish was happy coz she loves the celticbaits so much!!! Photos done and fish safely returned i put the rod back out.
Turned in about midnight at 2.35am the middle rod was off and i lifted into a frantic fish running like a steam train. Knew it wasnt massive, but 'size does'nt matter'. It came in easy and happily i guess. Into the net a mid double prestine common. After weighing it and keeping it wet i went for photos but camera for some reason would'nt work. Returned fish. Rod back out and back into bed. I looked at the camera dont know what i did but got it working, which was good because at 3.20am my left hand rod off again. Blurry eyed i picked up rod into a little common of 10lb 3oz came into my net.
Nothing more that session but what a result.
Thankyou celticbait.com for making da best baits money can buy. Mirror carps words not mine!!
Cant wait to see what happens next time from burnt oak swim

No comments:

Post a Comment