Wednesday 23 May 2012

WINTONS FRANCE TRIP


Just a short commentary on my recent trip to wintons France as promised.
I can paraphrase the first 5 days of this "camping holiday" as to say rain rain rain blank flood rain. lol.
After over a month’s rain had fallen in the Normandy valleys in a week the local waterways and lakes could not hold back the pressure anymore and fields flooded and in turn caused the neighbouring lakes to flood, and indeed our lake to flood to the sound of 9780000 gallons of water raising a 10.5 acre lake by 3 foot.
Anyways after i decided that something had to be done, after only 2 fish had come out of the complex, I decided to go for a little stalk with my partner in crime.


Only expecting to hook a cheeky double cruising about in the new marginal areas created by the flood waters we set off. Within minutes of placing a bait behind a tree that only 5 days before had been on the bank the rod hurled off with a nice fat 26-00 on it. The fight was hard and dogged but with a good rod and a tight clutch the fish was bagged and what a beauty with golden colours and a very traditional English carp look about it . This would save the holiday for me and I felt that anything else was a bonus. However after finding a faaaaar to tempting lil hole in a tree line I decided to push my luck and have another go on the same setup and in 3 feet of water. My luck was in and within moments and I mean moments the clutch screamed and the rod was heading toward the lake. I hit hard and gave the fish a gentle bit of persuasion and as soon as it had started it was over. As I lifted up the net I knew this was the biggest carp I had ever caught and after a tussle in the sling she tipped the scale at 37-4. As u can guess I was over the moon a few snaps and the greedy beast was slipped back. We gave it a rest and went back for tea with the promise to return early morning. The following morning we tip toed back to the same spot using the same techniques and just crossed fingers. We waited an age, about 5 minutes, and off the rod went again. I used the same hit and hold techniques and after a really angry and tense fight yet another 30 went over the cord. So in less than 24 hours and within maybe an hour of angling I had an upper 20 and 2X30’s now that wouldn’t seem a lot for France but with conditions as they were I think it was a battle well won. The bait of choice you may ask, being France you would expect a 20mm boilie and a crazy anchor sized hook however all fish fell to a 10mm air dried g-nut with a tiny 8 mm pop up. Just going to prove bigger is not always better lol. I have a few weeks of family business now and then its back on the syndicate to fight another battle with my target of hitting into one of the 3 30's. So tune in next time. TIGHT LINES

No comments:

Post a Comment