Wednesday 8 May 2013

Robby Lea


 Robby lea 
Friday 3rd may. I arrived at Lamby lake at 6:30 pm.There was a few anglers on the lake but plenty of pegs free. I thought I wouldn't be able to get a peg because the lake have been shut for the last month and it was open weekend. I barrowed my kit round the lake and as I  was walking round the fish were crashing out nearly all over the lake.My mate was already set up. he had been there since open day on the Tuesday he had 3 16lb mirrors since he had been there so I thought the fish were in the general area so I set up next to him in a swim called "The cat swim". No one had fished it since open day so I thought it would be a good idea to get in there and have a go. I have been pre-baiting for the last month with my homemade specials so I was hoping  it wont take long to get into the fish again. I decided to fish my homemades on both rods with 3 bait stringers and catapult a few around  the hookbaits as the night went on nothing happened. I was woken up then at 5:30 with a one toner on the delks, after a hard fighting scrap in the rain I netted my first fish of the season a 16lb common my mate was asleep and it was raining so I didn't bother waking him up for photos. I recast with a fresh stringer and some more over the top. Nothing happened for the rest of the day until 7 pm when I had two beeps on the alarm and the bobbin lifted slightly and the line tightened. I thought I got to pick the rod up so I picked the rod up and wound into it and it  felt heavy so I was very careful playing it in  after making several runs to the centre of the lake it finally gave up and I slipped the net under a nice chunk. it turned out to be a 28lb mirror called "the tank".. I was buzzing now so I quickly put another stringer on and whacked it straight back to the spot I had the mirror from but sadly nothing happened for the rest of the day or night. I was thinking the fish have moved but they were jumping and crashing all over the place. At Sunday dinnertime I was thinking of moving down the other end of lake were one of the boys was catching so I started packed down everything but the rods and left them until the boy left.. I was speaking to my mate on the next peg down and all of a sudden I could hear my reel spinning violently so I ran up to my swim and I was into another lamby carp . it didn't really fight to hard it came it quite easy it turned out to be a nice 14lb scaley mirror it was a stunner fair play.. In the end I decided to stay in the same peg id fished all weekend because I had that last fish so I set all my stuff back up. and I recast once again to the same spot with a three  bait stringer and left it overnight then 6am had another screamer on the other rod this time after a good little scrap it was in the net. it turned out to be a nice 19lb mirror , my mate had gone home and there was no 1 on my side of the lake  so I had to take a photo on the mat.   I packed up early and went home with a big smile on my face knowing that the bait is working ready for the Welsh Carp Championship in 3 weeks time.







tight lines Robby

No comments:

Post a Comment