Monday 13 May 2013

Robby

Friday 10th may.   I set off down to lamby lake Friday afternoon with a 48 hour session in front of me. my mate had phoned to say it was getting busy down there and to hurry up because there weren't many pegs left,but there was a free peg next to him it a bit of a boxed in swim but I didn't have no choice.I walked the brolly round first before anyone else turned up. I was speaking to the boys on the way round. and they hadn't had any so far. my mate had another 28lb simmo earlier in the day so I felt confident I would be close to the fish setting up next to him. so I set up the rods and my homemade on the one rod and one on the beast feast 14mm.The fish were crashing in the middle of the lake so I whacked them both out to the middle put about half a kilo of freebies over each rod hoping something big would come in and wipe me out along with my beast feast snowman rig or my bottom bait combi rig.. as the day went on to evening nothing happened the fish stopped showing and the rain picked up.We decided it was time to get the Indian in so I wound in and popped over the Indian for some grub.After getting refuelled the rods went back out on the spots with fresh pva stringers and hook baits. I managed to get my head down about 9 pm.   I woke up at 8 am  alarms still silent so I recast both rods and put the left hand off the spot were I had put the bait in and within an hour it was off. it turned out to be a 12lb fully scaled mirror. I was well happy I was off the mark and hadn't blanked.The rod went straight back out to the same spot but nothing happened.I recast my right hand rod close to my other rod  on the beast feast snowman  to see if I could get another one out and within a couple of hours it the alarm let out 3 beeps wen I was having a nap so I was straight up and into the fish it gave me a proper hard scrap all the way in it turned out to be a 15lb common. the rod went straight out to the same spot but nothing happened for the remainder of the session few other fish out around the lake loads of doubles and a few 20s none of the biggies though


tight lines 

No comments:

Post a Comment